2018 Canada Day Parade preparations
Preparations are underway for the highly anticipated annual Canada Day Parade taking place July 1, 2018.
The parade route starts at the intersection of Franklin Ave and Riedel Street at 10:30 a.m. and goes north along Franklin to Morrison Street. This will result in the following closures:
- Clearwater Dr. from Riedel St. to Queen St. closed for float staging from 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Riedel St from Clearwater Dr to Franklin Ave closed from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Franklin Ave from Riedel St to Morrison St closed from 10:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Morrison St from Franklin Ave to Fraser Ave closed for de-staging from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Fraser Ave from Morrison St to Hardin St closed for de-staging from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Free public parking is available in downtown municipal parking lots: Hardin Street Building and MacDonald Ave.
Park n’ Ride – Free Shuttle Service
Spectators also have the option to park at the following locations and use the Park n’ Ride free shuttle service to view the parade then return to the location for Canada Day events.
MacDonald Island Park: Park n’ Ride shuttles to and from MacDonald Island for the parade are available between 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Pickup areas are located along already existing bus stops on Franklin Ave and in front of the Suncor Community Leisure Centre’s main door.
Heritage Village: Park n’ Ride shuttles to and from Heritage Village for the parade are available 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Pickup areas are along already existing bus stops on Franklin Ave and bus stop #10015 in front of Heritage Village.
Volunteers still needed
Many volunteers are needed to help the parade run smoothly. To sign up, visit rmwb.ca/canadaday. The deadline to register is June 28, 2018.