Applications open today for two Community Investment Program opportunities
Starting today, the Municipality is accepting applications for two Community Investment Program grant opportunities: Games Legacy Grant, and Joint Initiatives Grant.
“The Community Investment Program is fundamental in supporting a broad spectrum of programs and services that contribute to making our region a great place to live,” said Toni Elliott, Manager of the Community Investment Program. “We want to ensure that the applicants that rely on these grants have ample time and opportunity to apply.”
Games Legacy Grant – This grant encourages participation in amateur sport and cultural activities by providing financial assistance to athletes and performers competing or training at a provincial, national or international level. Individual applicants may apply for grant funding up to a maximum of $2,000 and team/group applicants up to a maximum of $3,000.
Joint Initiatives Grant – This grant supports partnerships that promote, encourage and assist community groups and non-profit organizations that enhance the quality of life for residents in the Municipality through artistic growth, excellence in sport and stimulating economic development. Applicants may apply for grant funding up to a maximum of $20,000.
The deadline to apply for these grants is May 11 at 4:30 p.m. MST.
If you would like to learn more about these grants, drop into an information session and speak with Community Investment Program staff. Sessions will be held throughout the region:
- April 11: 1 – 4 p.m. at the Fort Chipewyan Municipal Office
- April 14: 4 – 6 p.m. at the Anzac Recreation Centre Open House
- April 18: 3 – 7 p.m. at the McMurray Experience in Jubilee Plaza, Fort McMurray.
- April 19: 11 a.m. – Noon at the Conklin Municipal Contact Office
- April 19: 2 – 3 p.m. at the Janvier Municipal Office
- April 20: Noon – 2 p.m. at the Fort McKay Métis Community Building Office