For a second time, we are introducing the Best of YMM - Reader’s Choice! This is your opportunity to tell us who, what and where your favourite things are around the Wood Buffalo region.
We launched our inaugural Best of YMM in 2019. And while we projected to continue for 2020, the coronavirus pandemic drastically changed the way we experience our everyday lives.
We’ve decided to relaunch the program and made a few adjustments to our first list of categories and welcome you - our readers - to let us know if there’s something on this list that we missed or maybe there’s a special story to share. Also, your nomination and vote are not restricted to a year date or timeline. It’s what you feel is your favourite at the time of voting.
Together with our presenting partners Casman and Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism, we want to recognize the efforts of those who devoted their time and were quick to adapt to this new world setting with virtual events and programs, while also keep in the polls open to those hard-working business owners who have been adjusting and readjusting through the constraints of these circumstances.
Overall, we want to give our businesses reasons to be proud of their achievements and show them their efforts have been greatly appreciated and noticed.
The Best of YMM categories with 40 topics are as follows:
- Best Breakfast
- Best Bowl (noodles/soups/stew etc.)
- Best Coffee
- Best Donair
- Best Dessert
- Best Pizza
- Best Pub Food
- Best Steak
- Best Take-Out Menu
- Best Vegan/Vegetarian
- Best Bus & Cab Driver
- Best Beauty Care & Salon Specialist
- Best Community Cheerleader
- Best Grocery Store Staff
- Best Health Care Provider
- Best in Education
- Best in Delivery Service
- Best in Retail Service
- Best Pet Care Provider
- Best Photographer
- Best Barber Shop
- Best Bakery *Including grocery
- Best Beauty/Hair Salon
- Best Car Care & Dealership
- Best Entertainment Places
- Best Fitness Centre/Recreation Facility
- Best Flower Shop *Including grocery
- Best Park & Playground
- Best Real Estate Agency
- Best Restaurant Patio
Best of Virtually Anything
- Best At-Home Initiative
- Best Local Online Concert
- Best Local Online Entertainer
- Best Online Party
- Best Online Program & Service
- Best Social Distancing Event
- Best Social Media Personality
- Best Virtual Conference
- Best Virtual Community Event
- Best Virtual Open-Mic
The nominations are open until January 29, 2021. Voting will take place from February 1 to February 12, 2021. Please make sure to nominate and vote daily!
Click here to nominate your favourite people, group and businesses.
About The Best of YMM Process
Your McMurray Magazine is hosting the Best of YMM for a second time through its reader’s choice program.
Your McMurray Magazine shares the nomination and voting announcements on its social media platforms and through its newsletter. Nominations and voting are by any resident living within the Wood Buffalo region with one nomination or vote per day.
The first round of voting begins with nominations sent in through our Best of YMM form. For the second rounding of voting, the results from the nominations are calculated and the top five from each category are selected in a new form and voted on by the public.
Residents and businesses can self-nominate and vote, once a day. They are also encouraged to share the nomination and voting forms on their social media platforms to let others know to take part.
Click here to read the Official Rules for Best of YMM program. If you have any questions or comments, email Your McMurray Magazine’s editor-in-chief at email@example.com.
- No purchase necessary. One valid nomination or voting entry daily permitted per contestant. You must be a resident of the Wood Buffalo region at the time of entry to be eligible for contesting. This contest void where prohibited by law.
- Finalists will be notified by email. If a finalist is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that finalist is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate finalist will be selected.
- Your McMurray Magazine reserves the right to restrict the finalists to only persons whose primary residence is within the Wood Buffalo region.
- Employees of Your McMurray Magazine, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible for voting.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
- Entrants further grant to Your McMurray Magazine the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
- Your McMurray Magazine reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents are copyright Your McMurray Magazine. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Your McMurray Magazine, affiliated with Balsom Communications Inc., is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
- All results posted are unofficial until finalists respond to email notification.
- This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
- Balsom Communications Inc. reserves the right to change the rules at any time. This contest is officially sponsored by Your McMurray Magazine and