5 Questions with…Cecilia Mutch, Executive Director, The United Way of Fort McMurray
1. How long have you lived in Fort McMurray?
I have lived in Fort McMurray for over nine years.
2. What keeps you rooted in our community?
My family has relocated to Fort McMurray. My husband and I along with our two grown children live and work in this community. It is our home.
3. In your opinion, what is our community’s strongest attribute?
I believe this community’s strongest attribute are its citizens - they are strong and generous people who have a desire to make our community an even better place to live. This is also a very welcoming place that opens its arms to people from all over the world.
4. What area(s) would you like to see Fort McMurray improve?
It would be wonderful if we could eliminate poverty and homelessness and ensure all our residents were able to live a full and rewarding life.
5. If you were to give a call to action to YMM readers, what would you say?
If you are able, get involved in the community. There are many opportunities on boards and committees since the fire last year. Put your talents and passion to work for our community.