Michael Jesso's Fabulous Derailed
“Put on your pyjamas, it’s time for bed” is a saying we’ve all heard as kids. We hated putting those things on and we hated going to bed. Well fast forward 20 years and it seems something strange has happened: you can’t get people to take them off. Sure, people still put them on and go to bed, but something bizarre happens in the morning when they get out of bed and go about their day — they don’t take the pyjamas off.
You know you’ve all seen it, right there at the Starbucks getting coffee or in the bank line up, staring up at you is Sponge Bob Squarepants, with little fuzzies all over his face that need to be shaved off with one of those $20 clothes shavers they sell on the home shopping channel. All over this fair city of ours is Sponge Bob, Spider Man, Winnie the Pooh, any host of snowmen, snowflakes, stars, cats, dogs, or, my favourite, camouflage. What happened?
When did so many people’s lives get so busy that they forget to put on pants before they leave their house? Some people blame their kids, they needed to catch the bank, they only ran out for milk, but the fact is you ran out of the house without pants. And I’m sorry ladies, carrying the latest Louis Vuitton doesn’t cancel out the fact or class it up in any way that you’re wearing fleece pants in public. Perhaps you spent your entire clothing budget on the bag, who knows. Now I know you saw Britney Spears doing the exact same thing, but you have to remember a) she was photographed leaving a gym and b) she was also photographed shaving her head. Now I don’t see you all running into Chatters begging Andrew to shave your heads, so I know there is still hope.
Everyone, man or woman, wants to look their best and feel their best. Wearing pyjamas or sweat gear automatically makes you look like you don’t care, and if you don’t, no one else will. When you look your best, you feel your best and good things happen, plus it might just add to making Fort McMurray a better-looking place for all of us.
Speaking of the city looking better, summer is in full swing, the sun is shining on us and we all need to take better care of our hair and skin. Have a look at these products to help you out during the summer months:
- Hempz Pure Herbal Extracts Original Moisturizer Always always always moisturize. This is quite possibly one of the best body moisturizers on the market. All natural and lasting 12 hours, you’re sure to beat the summers dryness with this one.
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Energizing Body Lotion Soak in this lemon lotion to cool, refresh and moisturize. It’s not oily and it leaves the skin feeling rejuvenated. It also smells amazingly fresh.
- American Crew Citrus Mint Shampoo and Conditioner Nothing feels better then a cold shower on a hot summer day and nothing will make your head feel cooler than the refreshing tingling of mint on your scalp. There’s an added bonus though; the tingling from the mint stimulates the scalp and hair regrowth.
- Redken FOR MEN Anti Grit Clean Brew Here’s something for all of you out there who like to play dirty. This Anti Grit Clean Brew actually has malt and brewers yeast in the ingredients to help remove the tough stuff such as motor oil and truck grease.
- American Crew Travel Grooming Kit Heading south on your days off, this is the perfect all-in-one pack to throw in your carry on: 3-In-1 shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, a bottle of Precision Shave Gel, and a bottle of cooling lotion to help after the shave or after the sun burn. It’s the perfect 7-day getaway pack.
- American Crew Classic 3-In-One Probably the safest and cleanest three-way you could possibly have. American Crew 3-In-1 has your shampoo, conditioner, and body wash all in one. This 3-In-1 is perfect for people living in camp who have to carry tons of bottles to the showers. One bottle covers three. Easy Peasy.